This little program allows you to send files and/or folders directly from the Explorer context menu to your Dropbox/Public folder. Afterwards, the corresponding links to the files will be copied to your clipboard, so you can paste them right away in the instant message or email you prepared the files for.
The latest version can be found at: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2606980/dropbox-public.zip (v1.6.0418)
Changes since v1.5.1211:
* By default, Dropbox/Public will create the .ini configuration file in your
Application Data folder (%AppData%).
This makes Dropbox/Public compatible with UAC and multiple user accounts.
If you want to make the program portable, just create a blank text file
called dropbox-public.ini in the program's own folder.
Thanks go to Terence for making me aware of this.
Changes since v1.4.1110:
* Space characters are converted into hex characters (%20)
Changes since v1.3.1030:
* "." is not converted into hex character anymore
Changes since v1.2.1027:
* Work-around for Info-Zip having problems with tokens like '' in pathnames
Changes since v1.1.1026:
* Now only stores relative paths for directories in zip-files
Changes since v1.0.1025:
* Now should support any OS language
Drag 'n Drop
Another option is to make a shortcut to the program and drag the files or folders onto it. Furthermore, you can pin the program to the Windows 7 Taskbar, but this seems to have some restrictions.
Note: this program uses Info-Zip to compress folders (and files if desired). Info-Zip can by found here: http://www.info-zip.org/Zip.html
guillaumejunk .AT. hotmail _DOT_ com